Tea set, consisting of six items: large teapot, two tea pots, sugar bowls with lid, bowls for jam and jug of milk. All the items are made of 925 sterling silver coated with gold. The surface of the mirror set and glossy coated by way of issue floral ornamentation. Handles of kettles and coffee pot is made in an unusual way – with the ridges of ivory, to prevent heating of the handle. The lids on the kettles for convenience side attached, and the sugar bowl – the lid is removable. In a large kettle, sugar bowl and one tea pots are hallmarks: STERLING and MERMOD, JACCARD & KING. In addition, the sugar still has a stigma in the form of a lion. The other pot contains the samples of the silver, the mark of the company – LORING ANDREWS & Co and the image of a lion. Milkman engraved only a sample of silver and the image of a lion. 1. The mark to standard of the sample – STERLING – 925, the higher the fineness of silver. The fineness of silver is expressed in thousandths quantitative content of pure metal in the silver alloy used in the manufacture of decorative products. Figure 925 shows that thousands of pieces of alloy contains 925 units of pure silver, the rest is impurities introduced in the actual alloy to increase the hardness and fusibility of silver metal. Sterling samples typical for North America. 2. The company MERMOD was founded in 1829, Louis Zaccara in Missouri. MERMOD, JACCARD was formed in the merger of L. E. jaccard and A. S. mermod in 1845. Later in 1917 she became a part of vandervoort Scruggs and Barney. The company was the continuer of the tradition of making silverware. When the company was sold, most silver was made by other companies, as evidenced by the different names of manufacturers in the survey set. In 1905 the company's name was changed to MERMOD, JACCARD & KING. 3. The founder of LORING ANDREWS & Co Loring Andrews was born in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1854. Was a famous jeweler, as evidenced by the data of census conducted in the period 1880-1920 In the directory of the population census, it was listed as a clerk and salesman jewelry (1880-1920). 4. The stamp with the image of a lion is a trademark of the company "Redlich and Company", the years 1890-1946. The company was sold in 1946 to another company under the name "Elgin", but the trade mark has been used at least until the 1970s.